What the warranty covers
California Datsun offers a limited warranty. This warranty covers defects or failed functionality of parts we sold within the first 90 days after delivery. Any failed part due to improper break in, misuse, racing, overheating, abuse, neglect, or improper maintenance will not be covered. Any part returned due to buyer’s remorse or purchasing the incorrect part must be unused and will be subject to a 20% restocking fee.
What is not covered
- Any damage caused by the purchaser modifying, attempting to fix, or otherwise altering the part in any way
- No labor cost of any kind is reimbursed or paid for by California Datsun; no exceptions
- Wearable parts that are designed to wear under normal use and operation including, but not limited to, most electrical parts such as wiring harness, switches, fuses, relays, starter, alternators, distributors, bulbs, batteries, and brake pads
- California Datsun is not warranting that the specific and rare parts won’t become obsolete at some point in the future
- California Datsun does not pay for or reimburse any out-of-pocket costs paid by the customer to any other business as it relates to the part purchased. California Datsun must perform all warranty work
- California Datsun does not pay for or warrant any transportation or return shipping cost as a result of needed warranty work, returns, or exchanges
- Custom-made orders like brake kits, billet control arms are NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-RETURNABLE.
How long the coverage lasts
Limited warranty is valid for 90 days. Warranty coverage period still applies if the part becomes unusable for the customer’s personal reasons, i.e., if the part is put is storage, not installed, or installed on a vehicle that is rarely used or neglected.
Who is covered
Limited Warranty covers only the original purchaser of the part. The limited warranty is not transferable to subsequent owners or purchasers of the part or any vehicle on which it is installed.
How to obtain warranty services
To obtain the benefit of this warranty, the customer must call to obtain return authorization and then deliver the complete assembled Datsun part via prepaid shipping to California Datsun. All returns, refunds, or exchanges are processed once the original item is returned in unused condition.
What California Datsun will do to perform under the warranty
- Repair the item.
- Replace the item if it can’t be repaired within a reasonable amount of time.
- Issue a refund for the item.
What California Datsun will not do under this limited warranty
California Datsun does not assume the risk of loss, damage, or failure during any shipment/transportation to or from our location for warranty work.
Rebuilt Engine Warranty
We do not offer a warranty on short blocks, race engines, modified engines, or stoker engines. These versions are incomplete or designed for extreme use and more prone to failure.
Stock rebuilt long block engines and cylinder heads are guaranteed against excessive smoke and oil consumption and inadequate oil pressure. Our break-in procedure must be followed to insure proper seating of the rings in a fresh engine.
Oil/fluid leaks, fuel components, engine cooling systems, and exhaust systems are not covered by this warranty. In order to make a warranty claim on an engine or head, you must provide a record of the date installed, type of vehicle installed in, mileage, and engine number.
In addition, failure to do any of the following things voids the warranty: (i) Confirm proper performance of the radiator and thermostat at the same time the engine or head is installed; (ii) Installing the recommended oil and filter prior to starting the engine, change the oil after the first 600 miles, and change the oil once every 3000 miles thereafter. All engines must be installed by an A.S.E. certified mechanic or
another licensed professional shop for the warranty to be valid.
No other express warranty applies
This warranty is the sole and exclusive warranty. No employee, agent, dealer, or other person is authorized to alter this warranty or make any other warranty on behalf of California Datsun.
Except to the extent paid in settlement from any insurance policies, and the extent permitted by applicable law, the parties agree to indemnify and hold harmless the other party, and its respective affiliates, officers, agents, employees, and permitted successors and assigns against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, penalties, punitive damages, expenses, reasonable legal fees and costs of any kind of amount whatsoever, which results from or arise out of any act or omission of the indemnifying party, its respective affiliates, officers, agents, employees, and permitted successors and assigns that occur in connection with the purchase agreement. This indemnification will survive the termination of this agreement.
It is the intent of the parties to the purchase agreement that this agreement and the performance under the agreement, and all suits and special proceedings under this agreement, to be construed in accordance with and governed, to the exclusion of the law of and other forum, by the laws of California, without regard to the jurisdiction in which any action or special proceeding may be instituted.